A 40-page step-by-step guide to help you with website localization planning and preparation. In this whitepaper, you will find the answers to all crucial questions below:
• How to choose the right languages to localize your website into?
• How to choose a suitable website localization agency to work with?
• How to prepare localization resources for your translation partner?
• What do you need to do during the website localization process (step-by-step)?
• What common mistakes should you avoid when localizing your website?
Table Of Contents
I. WHAT IS WEBSITE LOCALIZATION?
II. WHY WEBSITE LOCALIZATION IS IMPORTANT?
- Reach More Multinational Clients
- Show that You Care
- Build Trust in Your Audiences
- Improve SEO Ranking of Your Website
III. PREPARATION FOR WEBSITE LOCALIZATION
- Define the Target Market and Language
- Decide Which Items Need Localizing
- Choose a Suitable Localization Agency
- Internationalize Your Website
- Prepare Localization Resources
IV. START THE WEBSITE LOCALIZATION PROCESS
- UI Content Extraction
- Import Content to Localization Platforms or Tools
- Import Localization Resources
- Localize Content and Linguistic Quality Check
- Import Translations To Your Website
- In-context Review
- Function Testing
V. COMMON WEBSITE LOCALIZATION MISTAKES TO AVOID
- Using Machine Translation Only
- Translating Only Parts of Your Website
- Using Images with Text
- Never Updating Your Translations
VI. SUCCESSFUL WEBSITE LOCALIZATION CASE STUDIES
- Case Study 1 – Viessmann Website
- Case Study 2 – Abbott Website