15 Nov PROFESSIONAL LAO TRANSLATION SERVICES
The economy of Laos is growing rapidly, ranking among the fastest-growing economies in the world thanks to its focus on construction, plentiful young workforce, and favorable tax treatment. When working and investing in Laos, foreign companies should pay attention to Lao language unique features to avoid regretful misunderstanding. Laos is a tonal language with no spacing between words, which makes inexperienced translators confused. GTE Localize is a professional translation agency providing high-quality Lao translation services. Our over 5 years’ experience linguists will satisfy all your requests.
OUR LAO TRANSLATION SERVICES
We offer 3 different translation levels to meet your documents’ requirements and your project’s budget:
1. Translation only
Your documents are translated and self-reviewed by one native Lao translator.
- Cost-saving while retaining acceptable quality
- Overall accuracy can be guaranteed although some minor errors might remain
- Suitable for internal documents and single-use content
2. Translation + Editing
Your contents will be translated by one native Lao translator and revised by a second editor.
- Possible errors are eliminated to give you a polished and error-free translation.
- Balance among cost, quality and turn-around time.
- Best choice for important external publications.
3. Translation + Editing + Proofreading
After rendered and reviewed by a native Lao translator and an editor respectively, your documents will be under the proofreading process by a third experienced proofreader.
- Your contents are perfect and ready to publish
- The cost might be high compared to other options
- Best suit high visibility documents and critical Marketing materials
OUR LAO TRANSLATION SOLUTIONS
We offer a wide range of Lao translation solutions with the aim of meeting the diverse demands of our clients:
INDUSTRIES WE SERVE
We have a pool of certificated linguists with real-work experience in various industries, including:
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH GTE LOCALIZE?
1. 100% native Lao linguists
To guarantee the best quality of each and every Lao translation project, we carefully choose the most suitable team of native Lao linguists. They all meet our basic requirements as follow:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in translation from leading universities such as Souphanouvong University, National University of Laos, Savannakhet University, etc.
- Have at least 5 years of professional translation experience.
- Have deep insights into Lao cultures and lifestyle as well as the local needs and demands.
2. Deadline Compliance
Each member of our team, from linguistics to PMs is fully aware of the sense of urgency for delivering every project on time. We make punctuality a habit by continuous training and working our best every day. That’s why 98% of our projects are delivered on time or ahead the time. And we never wait until the last minutes to deliver.
3. ISO 9001:2015 certificated agency
Among companies that earned ISO 9001:2015 certification, GTE Localize strictly adheres to the highest requirements for an effective quality management system. We aim at consistently providing superior services to all customers by improving our process and training our staff as well as our team of translators constantly.
4. Best rate guaranteed
Having worked in the translation industry for years, we have a wide network of top-rated native in-house as well as freelance translators and editors with extensive local knowledge in Laos. Once we receive your orders, we know exactly where to find the best linguists with long experience in translation and subject-matter expertise yet having the most competitive rates, from $0.07/word for your translation.
FACTS ABOUT THE LAO LANGUAGE
1. About the Lao Language
- The Lao language belongs to the Kra-Dai language family. It is spoken by approximately 15 million people in Laos and Northeastern Thailand.
- In Northeastern Thailand, Lao is also known as the Isan language.
- The Lao language has many regional varieties both in Laos and Northeastern Thailand.
2. Linguistic Features
- Type of writing system: the syllabic alphabet.
- Lao script or Akson Lao is the primary script used in the Lao language, which was adapted from the Khmer script and is the sister system to the Thai script.
- The direction of writing: from left to right in horizontal lines.
- Written Lao requires no spaces between words. Spaces indicate the end of a clause or sentence instead.
- There is no official Latin transliteration system for written Lao.