18 Apr [Infographic] 7 Most Translated Books In The World
Have you ever wondered what is the most translated book in the world? The answer is not too difficult to find. The Bibble, with at least 670 translations around the world is the most translated book of all time.
But in today’s post, we won’t mention the Bibble or other religious or prayer books. We will look into other types of literacy works such as children’s books, Self-help, Science, etc. and find out the top 7 most translated books (excluding religious books) in the world.
More information on the top 3 most translated books in the world
#1 The Little Prince
– Original title: Le Petit Prince
– Original language: French
– Estimated Number of Languages: 300
– The Little Prince was first published in 1943 and quickly became the favourite book of millions of people around the world thanks to its humanist values. As of 2017, the book has become the most translated book in the world with 300 translations.
#2 The Adventures of Pinocchio
– Original title: Le Avventure Di Pinocchio
– Original language: Italian
– Estimated Number of Languages: 260
– Written by Carlo Collodi in 1883 and then adapted into a Disney animation movie in 1940, The Adventures of Pinocchio has become a part of children’s childhood all over the world. It has been translated into 260 languages and sold over 80 million copies worldwide.
#3 Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland
– Original Language: English
– Estimated Number of Languages: 174
– The book has been translated into 174 languages since it was first published in 1965. Also, The adventures of Alice in Wonderland have been adapted into movies, video games, theme parks and many more.
If you want to find out what are the most difficult languages in the world, check it out here.