GTE Localize Actions on the COVID-19 Pandemic
On March 11th, 2020, WHO officially declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic as the virus is spreading rapidly and likely to affect all countries in the world. Based in Vietnam where there has been a total of 44 cases of COVID-19 (as of March 12), GTE Localize quickly took actions and commitment to guarantee a safe working place for all our employees and partners.
Our action plan on the COVID-19
To keep the business’s continuity, we strictly follow the action plan as below:
- Avoid all business trips. In case employees travel abroad by plane, they will work from home for 14 days.
- Employees who directly contacted with both suspected and infected patients (and whose family members encountered COVID-19 patients) must inform the HR department and work from home for 14 days.
- Increase the maximum work-from-home days for employees by 50%, i.e. 2.5 days per week.
- Sanitize the office including door handles, working desk, kitchen appliances, keyboards, and mouse daily by the start of business.
- All employees must wash hands with hand sanitizer before entering the office.
- Limit the number of visitors to the office.
- Cancel in-person job interviews and conduct online interviews.
- Update official coronavirus disease situation to employees regularly to avoid employees’ panic from unconfirmed information on the Internet.
- Encourage employees to bring lunch boxes instead of eating out.
With good preparation, we expect no interruption in our company’s operation. All employees are working at full capacity to bring clients the best quality translation projects.