The price given in the quotation is the all-in price, including the fee for managing the project. You don’t have to pay any extra fees.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If your question is not listed, please email us at email@example.com
1. What services does GTE Localize offer?
As a one-stop language solution provider, GTE Localize offers translation, localization, interpretation, subtitling, transcription for any industry (business, legal, IT, software, life sciences, manufacturing, etc.) and all sizes of businesses. Our services focus on the dominant European languages (FIGS – French, Italian, German, Spanish) and major Asian ones (CCJK – Chinese, Korean, Japanese). However, we are always ready to cover the languages demanded from clients.
2. What domains can GTE Localize translate?
GTE Localize has a pool of industry-specific experts and translators. Our linguists can cover almost every domain, ranging from Life-Science, Business & Legal, Manufacturing & Engineering to IT & Software and Education.
To see if your domain matches our expertise, please contact our team for support.
3. How does GTE Localize calculate the price for a translation project?
To have the exact price of a translation project, we take many factors into consideration:
- Project volume: We usually calculate the quotation for a translation project depending on the number of words or characters in the source documents.
- Language pairs: Some language pairs are less common and harder to find high-qualified linguists, therefore, the price per word might vary.
- Service required: Some projects only require Translation Only (TO), others need both Translation and Editing (TE), or Translation + Editing + Proofreading (TEP). The more steps a project needs, the higher the rate is.
- Industry expertise: The complexity of the required domain also affects the project’s price. General topics might be charged less than high-expertise content.
Please contact our team for a quotation for your project.
5. How to calculate the turn-around time (lead time) for a project?
It depends on the volume, content types, required services, and other project-specific factors. In general, we can translate an estimated 2,000 words per business day, given it’s a standard Translation and Editing job performed by one translator and one editor. For example, a 10,000-word-project will take around 5 business days to translate and edit. In case of urgency, we will assign multiple linguists for one project.
To get the exact delivery time for your projects, please contact our support team.
6. When I need an urgent translation service, can I have a faster TAT?
Please clarify your specific deadline to our consultants and we will help to inform the production team. There may be some extra charges if we have to work overtime or weekends to make faster delivery.
7. What payment methods does GTE Localize accept?
We accept payment through Bank Transfer, Cash, Paypal, Visa, and Payoneer.
Particularly for invoice payment, Bank Transfer and Paypal (also Paynow in Singapore) are acceptable.
8. Can I pay with credit card?
Yes, you can. We will prepare a PayPal invoice then you can pay with a credit card.
9. What currencies does GTE Localize accept?
The currencies that we can work on are US Dollar, Euro, and SGD. If you want to make payments in another currency, please contact our team for discussion.
10. Is deposit necessary for every payment?
New customers are required to make a deposit. The standard payment schedule is “50% payment on receipt of the customer order,” followed by “50% payment on completion of work.”
For small projects, customers are advised to pay 100% cost in advance.
11. Which fees do clients need to pay besides the interpretation fee?
Other than the interpretation fee, clients are expected to cover the transportation fee and meal for our interpreters, if any.
12. Do services from GTE Localize include tax?
Depending on the client’s legal entity and what branch to make payment to, we will inform you specifically in each case.
13. Are your translators the natives of the target languages?
To guarantee the accuracy of translation projects, 100% of our linguists are natives of the target languages with long experience in translation. With some special circumstances where non-natives of the source language are the better choice, we will always discuss and get your approval in advance.
14. Do you offer certified translation?
We provide a certificate of translation accuracy with a signature and company stamp. However, we do not provide a notary service.
15. Will the data from clients’ documents be kept confidential?
Yes, all content in your document is kept secure and is only available to project-related employees. GTE Localize is willing to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to safeguard the confidentiality of any materials submitted by our clients. Before commencing work on the projects, all essential individuals and linguists must sign an NDA with GTE Localize.
16. What if the clients are not satisfied with the translation quality?
GTE Localize will support FOC to correct any error in the translation made by us. As we apply the life-time warranty, clients can come back any time with no time restriction.
17. Will GTE Localize use online machine translation?
Absolutely no. All 3 services that GTE Localize offers are 100% human work. We only quote Machine Translation Post Editing if clients specifically ask for it.
18. Does GTE Localize provide a sworn translation?
We only provide the sworn translation if it is available in the relevant countries.
19. How does GTE Localize handle technical translation?
Linguists, with experience in the related field will be assigned to the project. Additionally, a glossary of important technical terms will be created and sent for confirmation.
20. Can GTE Localize handle Designing/Desktop Publishing?
Yes, we can handle desktop publishing/formatting if the editable format is available, we can also re-create the source files in editable format if needed.
21. What is the output file of the translation? Will I receive the translation in Excel or Word format?
By default, the translation will be in the same file type as the source file that you provide us. If you have any other specific file type requirements, generally we also can support you accordingly.
22. What CAT tool/translation platform can you work on?
We use Trados, MemoQ, Memsource, Crowdin, Lokalise, WPML, Weglot, etc. to have the best result for every translation project.
23. Are you ISO certified?
Yes, GTE Localize has ISO 9001:2015 certification.